Join the Cardboard Challenge
Cardboard Challenge is a Global annual event presented by the Imagination Foundation that celebrates child creativity and the role communities can play in fostering it. We’re inviting children from your school to build anything they can dream up using cardboard, recycled materials and imagination.
AWESOME invite school groups to create your own cardboard creations to be displayed during the 2017 AWESOME Festival (30 Sept – 13 October). We’ll present cardboard creations, and any plans, diagrams, development documentation that will help explain how the item works.
Register your interest before Mon 9AM 4 Sept
- Theme: Artwork must relate to the theme: Make something the world needs more of.
- Moving Parts: Artwork must contain at least one moving part.
- Recycled: Artwork must use recycled items. Please use cardboard with no visible branding.
- Quantity: Schools can submit up to 5 small cardboard (30cm2) creations OR 1 large cardboard creation (1.5m2) and may be curated further by the festival staff. However, we encourage schools to mock up, combine, and refine several creations before submission.
- Artists: Creations can be made by one artist or can be a group project
- Placard: All artworks will be displayed with a placard outlining the school, artist names and ages, along with a description of how the cardboard creation works. These will be filled in with the student’s own handwriting and can be scanned and submitted digitally.